Pet clothes are already popular today. It has become a fashion statement. Like human clothing, they also come in different types, styles, designs, colors and sizes. Each clothing is created to match a pooch’s certain personality. But what matters most is that your pet is protected with what he/she wears.
As mentioned, dog clothes come in different types and each type has its particular uses. As a responsible dog owner, you must be familiar with the varieties of dog outfits and its particular uses so you can pamper your pet efficiently and effectively. You can maximize your dog’s protection with the right type of clothing that he/she is wearing.
Here is a list of the basic types of clothes for dogs according to their uses:
1. Dog shirts – Shirts are worn during warm ordinary days. Cotton shirts are preferable to keep your pet cool.
2. Dog sweaters – Sweaters are used during cold seasons. This will provide warmth to your pooch.
3. Dog raincoats – Raincoats are waterproof and are worn during rainy and snowy walks. This will keep them dry and warm.
4. Dog booties – This is used when your pup goes for a walk. It protects his paws from being cut or injured with booties. It comes in different subtypes. Thick/heavy duty boots are appropriate when taking your dog out for a walk in the mountain or woods. Snow boots are used when going out for a snowy walk. There are also ordinary boots that can be used on a daily basis.
5. Dog pajamas – Pajamas are worn to keep them warm and comfortable so they will have good night sleep.
6. Holiday dog clothing – The holiday is more fun if you include your pet in the celebration. Dress him up too with the appropriate holiday dog clothe during Halloween, Christmas or fourth of July. You can find different designs of holiday clothing in pet stores.
7. Dog outfits for different occasions – If you will bring your dog along with you to attend your friend’s wedding, dress her up with an elegant dog dress/gown or him with a dog tuxedo. There are also other varieties of outfits that are available for other different occasions.
An important reminder: When you buy pet clothes, just make sure that it is of the right size regardless of the type.